Cold Open: Int, Dungeon
A dark room is suddenly illuminated by a door opening. Vessel is pushed inside, and he tumbles to the floor. After a moment, a voice, a Scottish brogue, “is someone there? Can ya hear me, friend?"
Vessel shakes his head groggily. he responds slowly at first, then with more vim. “Yes, I hear you. Who are you? Do you know where we are?"
“I can’t tell ya where, but I’ve been here for months now, and you’re the only other soul I’ve heard other than the guards. I was ambushed outside of Drakkenhall. You?"
Vessel looks unsure for a moment, then shrugs, “Taken from the heart of Forge."
“Gods, it’s worse than I feared, then. The Blue has her claws deep inside the Kingdom already."
“The Blue? Who are you?"
“Agh, sorry, friend. I am Kotros Onyx-eye, of PROUD."
Vessel’s eyes grow wide as the camera pulls back at a furious pace, out of the cell and through kitchens, barracks, and a castle wall, until we see a fortress perched atop a snowy hill. The camera spins and we see Törk and Raÿne crouching, looking at the fort. The camera continues past them, and as we swoop over a hill we see a dark figure watching, but we continue past, faster and faster, across the hills, and we see Nameless step up to a hilltop, point forward, and a wave of dwarves runs past her.
Nameless, you know the fort is around here, but your men are getting weary. What do you do?
- Nameless’s positive relationship with The Three (a 6)
- Nameless’s conflicted relationship with The Great Gold Wyrm (a 5)
- Nameless’s negative relationship with The Elf Queen (a 5)
- Arroway’s positive relationship with The Emperor (a 6)
- Nameless performs a ritual to give a few Fallen wings, and they fly up to scout the location of the castle.
- Cut to Törk and Raÿne. Rayne wants to make a plan; Tork wants to attack straight on. They compromise that they’ll attack the next person coming toward the fort and impersonate them.
- Cut to Vessel explaining to Kotros that there is a rebellion in his name; Kotros denies any involvement.
- Cut to Arroway meditating in her cell. We see the shadow approaching her. Eyes still closed, we hear her commanding voice, “Status report. How many of the assassins are our people?" “Three of the five," the shadow responds. “Good," she says, “But I’ll need a little help getting out of here to take care of the other two."
- Cut to Törk and Raÿne spotting an approaching messenger… and then spotting the oncoming Fallen legion.
- Cut to Vessel standing over Kotros, calling for help. We see Kotros smile just a moment; it’s a ruse. Vessel bangs on the bars and yells; a guard comes, and tells him to shut up. Suddenly Arroway is behind the guard, asks Vessel where Nameless is, and then cuts the guard’s throat.
- Cut to Törk and Raÿne. “So we let the army be our distraction and we sneak in, right?" “Yeah, sounds good."
- Cut to Nameless telling her troops that they’ll be splitting up so that she and a small team can get inside. She points and the mass moves one direction; five follow her. We see one give an evil smile. The assassin?
- Cut to Törk and Raÿne; they see Nameless split off. “Watch that one," says Törk, “she’s a slippery bitch. We’d best follow." They do, and we see the shadow follow them again. We get a close-up as the audience’s introduction to Lor Strowal.
Int, Supply Room
Arroway and Vessel are behind barrels being shot at, popping up and shooting at their multi-racial mercenary assailants, and bantering about who’s fault this predicament is. In the end, it is implied that it’s probably Kotros’s fault.
- A call to arms is heard. Vessel tells Arroway that she should have been stealthier. Arroway notes that the call is for an attack on the fort; it’s not her.
- One of the mercenaries is fried by lightning. Nameless enters, flanked by her five Fallen guards. The mercenaries are now surrounded, but continue fighting.
- The shady-looking Fallen goes to stab Nameless in the back, but is killed by an arrow. The camera spins and we see Törk looking angry. Behind him, Raÿne shuts an iron gate. Behind that, we see Lor Strowal lurking in the shadows.
- The mercenaries, flanked and outnumbered, fall.
- Nameless ends the fight by frying the two remaining Fallen guards.
- Arroway to Nameless: “You might be in danger."
- Törk: “No might about it." He notches an arrow and points it at her.
- Nameless: “That’s no way to talk to the one who just orchestrated the return of your brother-at-arms." Kotros emerges, looking ematiated and weak. Törk is wide-eyed.
- Törk asks Kotros to prove himself, and Kotros recalls a night many years ago in Dronuir involving three sisters with huge… kegs.
- Arroway asks Nameless how she managed to pick up an army. Nameless said it solved two problems at once: it rescued Kotros and harmed The Fallen.
- Flashback: Tea Room
- Etnys and Nameless chat over tea.
- Etnys: “I heard you had an errand to run, and was told to give you this by our mutual employer." She provides a scroll.
- Nameless (in voiceover): “It detailed the purchase of this fortress by one Mr. Ososki, but questioned how he bankrolled such a job."
- Vessel: “Osuski? As in…"
- A slow clap is heard from the gallery above. Silor Osuski is standing there. Voice dripping with sarcasm, he says, “You guys are really smart. So now get on to the real question: if this here is Kotros, then who is that out there, hmm?" He smiles as no one answers. “Well, perhaps another time. Now, we have a job to finish."
- A twang of a crossbow bolt is heard, and Raÿne collapses with the bolt protruding from her neck. Cut to Lor Strowal, who smiles and leaves.
- Silor waves, “It appears that we’re done here," and leaves. Beat, then he returns. “Ha! As if we were done." He snaps his fingers as ten crossbowmen enter the gallery. “Clean up, boys." and he leaves again.
- Vessel takes a draw from his canteen, draws his sword, and says “that’s how it’s gonna be?"
- As the the rain of arrows begins, Arroway teleports into the archers and wrecks havoc. Kotros is hit and falls; Törk protects him, loosing arrows up into the gallery. Nameless flings arcane energy around. The archers do not last long.
Ext, Top of the Tower
- The party runs out onto the top of the tower; the castle is burning; the seige is still underway. Silor is just taking to the air on the back of a black dragon. He waves again as he disappears into the distance.
- Vessel finds a box with “To Callista" written on the top. Nameless opens it, and inside we see a severed hand bearing a ring. We flash back to see Ser Lorwick toasting with the ring on his finger.
- Close up of Nameless’s eyes, filled with rage, electricity sparking around her.
- Nameless’s positive relationship with The Three (a 5)
- Nameless’s negative relationship with The Elf Queen (a 5)
- Törk’s positive relationship with The Dwarf King (a 6)
- Törk’s negative relationship with The Orc Lord (a 5 and a 5)
- Vessel’s positive relationship with The Priestess (a 5)
- Vessel’s conflicted relationship with The Elf Queen (a 6)
- Arroway’s positive relationship with The Emperor (a 5)
- Arroway’s conflicted relationship with The Prince of Shadows (a 5)
- Nameless is holding a six-month old. She turns to Arroway, “What should we name him?"
- Arroway is standing before members of her order. Kel Rimik steps forward, “It is time for you to leave."
- A gaggle of giggling girls stands in a group. They part and we see Vessel, bare-chested. He grabs his shirt from the nearest girl and says “give me that back."