We open on a dimly lit room. Outside the window the rain continues, lightning and thunder punctuating the silence. The door opens and Nameless slips in, followed by Törk and Vessel. They shut the door and we hear running feet outside, which slow to a stop.
We hear a jangling of keys, then a key being inserted into a keyhole. The three take up positions around the door as we hear a handle turn… and the door stays still. We hear the other door shut.
Vessel lets out a breath, “Arroway can’t keep them occupied forever; we need to find the Duke’s letter before it trades hands."
Close up of Nameless, “I am more concerned with it trading claws.” She listens at the door, then pokes her head out. The coast is clear. Nameless, what do you do?
Episode’s Spotlight: Nameless
- Nameless sneaks out, looks both ways, and sneaks back toward the gala proper.
Int, Silor’s Room
- A guard enters, eyes wide as he sees Arroway in a state of torn dress and Silor apparently at fault.
- Arroway flubs her lines, though, and the guard is not convinced. After asking if Silor is alright, he is knocked unconscious by Arroway
- Arroway then cows Silor with a stare, “You had best bet the next guard thinks less of you.”
- Nameless explains to the audience-stand-in Törk that the Blue is her mistress, mother of all magic, an ageless dragon and the Imperial Governess of Drakenhall. She further explains that one Etnys Larad is in possession of the letter, and it is her that they are in search of.
- Vessel steps down and sees the bustle of the crowd. He closes his eyes and whispers a prayer that the spirits would guide their steps as we see a flash of feet and walking, some from past episodes. He opens his eyes as a man– one of the help– approaches. “Sir, there are some guests with a few minor injuries and we were wondering if your skills as a healer might be called upon.”
- Vessel smiles upward, says that of course his skills are available to his hosts, and follows the man into the room where the ashes ritual was performed not an hour before.
- Törk splits from the group so as not to draw attention, and begins sneaking through the crowd. He sees a number of guards talking, pointing back at the residence, and then move en masse up the stairs.
- Vessel heals a few minor cuts and bruises before coming upon a young man with an ornate clockwork pocket watch with “Larad” inscribed on it. The lad is a spoiled brat to the healer, but reveals himself to be Horace Larad, nephew and hanger-on of Etnys. She was at the party, he says, but he has not seen her since the attack.
- Törk finds a balcony door that has been used quite recently, which is odd considering the pouring rain outside. He ventures out, and then finds a secret passage outside that he disappears into.
- Arroway enters the grand hall with a guard on each arm, yelling quite loudly about Silor, who follows flanked by two more guards. Silor is looking defeated, but is no longer looking afraid of Arroway: he has been outplayed today, but the steel of his eyes shows he will not be so for long. The guards try to usher the commotion out of the main hall and into a private chamber, but are not entirely successful in hiding the ordeal and soon the partygoers is all talking about it.
Int, Secret Room
- Törk creeps along in the darkness, getting closer to the sound of men’s voices. He finds them and overhears them plotting, talking about the wraiths disturbing their plans but that they will still make their move.
- Close up of Törk‘s smile, then a hand lands on his shoulder. “What have we here?” says the other man, who we dolly back to see is holding a knife to Törk’s back.
- Eat Cowboy Crunchies!
Int, Secret Room
- Törk is strapped to a chair. “I’m not going to talk, so you might as well get this party started.” He gets punched in the face.
- Törk taunts his captors as to their punching ability, and is rewarded with more punches.
Int, Sitting Room
- Arroway is ushered into Serquoa’s room, who asks about the story with Silor, asks, gingerly, if Arroway would be willing to share it with Taale, and when Arroway confirms that she will, Taale is summoned.
- As Arroway is telling a distraught Taale, the camera pans to a wickedly-smiling Serquoa. Cut to Arroway as she notices.
- Flashback: The path of the pendant
- Cut in quick snippets: Arroway opens the satchel and is bathed in green light; Törk says “they’ve been looking for that since he disappeared”; ash-vision of The Butcher killing the Last Archmage and taking the pendant; rack shot to the background, where an empty pendant-size cradle sits on the mantle; fade in to the pendant on Silor’s bed being picked up by the guard.
- Extreme close up of Arroway as understanding dawns on her and she looks at Serquoa anew.
- Nameless ask s Vessel where Törk has gotten to, then wanders in search of him. She sees the balcony door ajar and ventures outside.
- Suddenly the men from the Secret Room appear in the center of the hall and fling blasts of mana into the rafters. They coral the guests into a corner. One of them heads upstairs as the others watch the guards.
- Vessel steps forward. “I will give you one chance to leave here peacefully.” The men laugh.
Int, Sitting Room
- A guard bursts in the door and explains the situation to Serquoa and Taale. They move to the far wall and slip through a secret passage.
- Arroway looks back and forth. Help her friends fight, or follow the widow and her daughter?
Int, Secret Room
- Tork calls a lone guard over, promising to talk. Instead he tilts his chair down and flips the guard over, knocking him out. He gathers his things from where the men had stashed them and runs to the battle as it begins…
- Vessel is continuing his discussion with the Invaders. He summons forth his armor and the men ready themselves, only to be attacked from behind by Nameless. Soon Törk joins the fray, and the three of them battle the men and the odd sapping curses they inflict upon their opponents.
- Horace tries to make a break for it and is cut down by one of the Invaders.
Int, Secret Passage
- Arroway is following Serquoa and Taale through the walls of the manor.
- She glimpses the ongoing battle through a translucent painting on the second story.
- She continues until the women enter a door, then a sound of water is heard, and when she opens the door there is no room beyond; just the outline of a room open to the rain beyond.
- The Invaders are down to two men, but they’ve knocked Nameless out cold.
- Arroway enters from the sitting room just as the Invader who went upstairs returns with a sack on his belt. Arroway kicks him down, but he leaps off the stairs, sprains his foot as he lands, and grabs something from his fallen ally. He and the only other Invader still standing disappear in a pop.
- Vessel stabalizes Nameless, then sees to Horace. “We must find your aunt; she is mixed up in this.”
- Horace gives his signet ring and says that it will get them access. Vessel heals the boy again, and then they all run before too many questions are asked.
- Nameless’s positive relationship with The Three (a 6)
- Nameless’s conflicted relationship with The Great Gold Wyrm (a 5)
- Vessel’s positive relationship with The Priestess (two 6s)
- All are walking behind a covered wagon. Törk stops, looks back. “We’re being followed.”
- Vessel runs around a corner, stops, and we hear a thwap. He looks down and we pan to see an arrow in his chest. He collapses to his knees.
- Nameless is atop a gold-roofed cathedral. She takes a breath, then steps off the edge.
- Törk peers into the darkness. “I sense something. Something I have not felt in a very long time.”